One of the most versatile natural product on the market is the Olive Oil. Actually, it was one of the favorite natural beauty products of the beauty queen – Cleopatra. The uses of this superb product are endless. Here we present you some of the amazing skin benefits from Olive Oil.
Olive oil is rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and essential fatty acids, especially alpha linolenic acid. In fact, it has been used on the body since centuries. It was often used in Egypt for cosmetic purposes, and is still going strong and is being used in cosmetic industry even now. Especially in the last decade, the beauticians are vouching for the use of olive oil because of its many beauty benefits.
Olive oil is excellent for your skin. What makes it so good for your skin is that its chemical structure is more close to the skin’s natural oil as compared to that of any other natural oil.
Olive oil bath
Italian icon Sophia Loren has said she owes her natural beauty to “the odd bath in virgin olive oil,” which is an ancient Rome custom.
– The easiest way to prepare olive oil bath is just to add 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into your bathtub and you’re done! If you prefer, you may add more. This is an easy and simple beauty trick to make your skin smooth and soft.
– Another simple way to have a soft skin is to just massage your body with extra virgin oil before taking bath. When you are through with your bath, pat dry your skin and wipe away the excess oil. It’s amazing!!! Beside from felling awesome, your skin will be incredibly soft and smooth, just like a baby-skin.
Olive oil as a body lotion
You should definitely try olive oil as a body lotion. It’s very effective and all natural. Apply it all over your body, while in the shower, right after you use your shower gel or soap. Your skin will be wonderfully soft and smooth. This is yet another simple and easy way to make your skin look perfect, healthy and tender to touch.
Also, for having a natural glow on your skin, an effective blood circulation is a must. To achieve this massage olive oil on your body. This will augment the blood circulation and it will keep your skin moisturized and young.
Olive oil – Beautiful nourished skin and a natural makeup remover
This beautiful product at the same time gently removes your makeup, and nourishes your skin as well. You should just put a dab of olive oil on a cotton ball or pad, and gently wipe out all the makeup from your face and neck. If you applied a heavy makeup and you want to remove it, first massage gently olive oil all over your face and neck, and then wipe away all the makeup with a soft washcloth soaked with warm water. May you’ll need to repeat it a couple of times but just make sure to do it gently, and never rub your skin harshly. Rinse your face with warm water and then splash it with cold water. Cold water will close your skin pores, but it will also stimulate the blood circulation.
Also, you could make yourself a makeup remover or cleanser only by mixing together olive oil and castor oil. If you happen to have oily skin, mix more of castor oil and in case you have dry skin then mix more of olive oil and less of castor oil.
Olive oil is also perfectly suitable for those who have sensitive skin.
Olive oil rejuvenates skin
The main reason behind beauty benefits of olive oil is that it is full of healthy fats and phenolic antioxidant vitamin E accompanied by squalene and oleic acids. They are getting rid of free radicals and are repairing the damage done of the skin’s exposure to the sun.
Olive oil helps with every women’s problem – Stretch marks
Olive oil regenerates and also, increases the elasticity of the skin. If you massage olive oil over the areas where you have stretch marks at least three times a week, this will improve the elasticity of the skin and its regenerative abilities, which will help heal the affected skin. This will not only help you to prevent formation of new stretch marks, but it will also work to slightly reduce and lighten the existing ones.
Olive oil against premature ageing
Olive oil helps prevent early signs of aging because it contains hydroxytyrosol and vitamin E that act on the skin to prevent skin cells degeneration. In addition, olive oil also has squalene acid that helps to increase the elasticity of the skin, thus preventing sagging of the skin and making it firm, healthy and young.
Olive oil as a sunscreen
For the mixture: mix equal amounts of olive oil and tea decoction (tea boiled in water and strained). Apply it all over your body and face. Let it sit there for about an hour, and then rinse it off, so that it leaves a residue on your skin. With this, you could replace the high-riced sunscreens with a natural one.
Olive oil as a cream
For those who have very dry skin – you can apply olive oil as a night cream. It’s actually very simple. Just apply a small amount of olive oil on your face and let it sit there for overnight. When you’ll wake up in the morning you’ll have soft and smooth skin.
Furthermore, you could use this “magic” product as an eye cream. It will help you to reduce the wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes. Gently dab a little bit of extra virgin olive oil under your eyes before you go to sleep at night and let it sit there overnight. This will nourish the tender skin around your eyes and also, soften the fine lines. Just a little tip: keep some olive oil in your fridge and use it as a refreshing, packed with vitamins, eye cream.
Olive oil face masks:
– Moisturizing mask. Blend together 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey and yolk of one egg. Apply on a clean face, leaving it sit there for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. This will at the time moisturize your skin, but also it will maintain your natural skin tone.
– Rejuvenating mask. Make a paste of some olive oil and mashed ripe avocados. Apply this mask onto your face for 20-25 minutes, and then rinse it off. This olive oil mask will rejuvenate your skin.
– For nourished, bright, and soft skin. Mix well 1 egg yolk with a tablespoon of olive oil and a tea spoon of lemon juice. If you don’t want have lemon juice, you can leave it out, but since it’s a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin C, it will help you to lighten skin. Apply this mixture onto your clean face. Let it sit there for 5-10 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water, and then with cold water, which will help you to close your skin pores. This mask will not only soften and nourish your skin, but it will also add a youthful glow. It can be used for both, normal and dry skin types.