If you like nuts, especially almonds, you’ll love these delicious dark chocolate sea salt almonds!
This recipe is very easy, healthy, sweet and salty at the same time, it only has four ingredients, what could we ask more? Enjoy these amazing dark chocolate sea salt almonds this upcoming Christmas! Everybody will love them – guaranteed!
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet high quality chocolate
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsalted raw almonds, such as Diamond of California Whole Almonds
- sea salt
- turbinado sugar (or any coarse/raw sugar)
Original recipe makes 1 and 1/2 cups
Ready in 1 hour
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or (carefully!) use the microwave. For the microwave, place the chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth. Alternatively, you can temper the chocolate. If tempering, do not store finished nuts in the refrigerator.
3. Stir the almonds into the chocolate, making sure to coat each one. Using a dipping tool or a fork, lift the almonds out of the chocolate one by one or only a couple at a time (you don’t want them all sticking together!), gently tap the tool/fork against the side of the bowl to release excess chocolate, and place onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining almonds.
4. Sprinkle almonds with a little sea salt and turbinado sugar, then allow chocolate to completely set. You can place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to speed it up!
5. Store the chocolate covered almonds in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. Enjoy whenever you like!
For extra flavor, try toasting the almonds first! Simply spread them out onto a large baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 300°F (149°C). Allow to slightly cool before coating with chocolate.