If you like soups and potatoes, then there’s no doubt that you’ll love this loaded potato soup!
This delicious and comforting loaded potato soup to make, yet is ready to eat in just 20 minutes. Provide a toppings bar of crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and thinly sliced green onions so family members can pick and choose their favorites.
- 4 (6-ounce) red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bacon slices, halved
- 1.5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup)
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
Original recipe makes 4 Servings
Ready in 20 minutes
1. Pierce the potatoes with a fork. Microwave on HIGH for 13 minutes or until they’re tender. Cut them in half and cool them slightly.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté it for 3 minutes. Add the broth. Combine the flour and 1/2 cup of milk. Add to the pan with 1 1/2 cups of milk. Bring to a boil and stir often. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sour cream, salt, and pepper.
3. Arrange the bacon on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Then, crumble the bacon.
4. Discard the potato skins. Coarsely mash the potatoes into a soup. Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon. Enjoy with your whole family!
Share your comments with us? Did you like this delicious recipe? How do you like your potato soup? Do you add something more in it?