These pepitas pesto stuffed mushrooms are a perfect appetizer for the holidays! You must try them out, they will be a hit!
This recipe for pesto stuffed mushrooms is amazing as an appetizing for the holidays. Just brown the mushrooms and make the pesto ahead of time. You can refrigerate them. When you want to serve them, bring them to a room temperature, and fill the caps. It’s that easy but still so delicious!
- 40 small cremini or white mushrooms, stems removed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted pepitas (pumpkinseeds), toasted and divided
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 ounces cotija or fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Original recipe makes 20 Servings
Ready in 50 minutes
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the mushroom caps, stem sides up, in pan and cook for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Turn the mushrooms over and cook for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Place the mushrooms, stem sides down, on paper towels to drain and cool.
2. Place 4 tablespoons of pepitas, the parsley, cilantro leaves, cotija, orange rind, salt, red pepper and garlic in a food processor and process them until everything is chopped well. With the processor on, slowly pour the oil through the food chute and process it until everything’s well blended.
3. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 teaspoon of pesto and top evenly with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the pepitas.
Enjoy with your friends and family! Happy Holidays! Share your thoughts with us! How did you like these pesto stuffed mushrooms? Do you have some other ideas for stuffed mushrooms?