Winter time comes and a lot of people have problem with their sinuses. For that reason, you should try our home remedies for sinus congestion!
Your nose incorporates a very complicated system of narrow passages. There are eight hollow, air-containing spaces connected to both your eyes and ears that enable you to inhale air from the environment and process it before it gets to your lungs. Because of that, we have to protect it from health problems like cold and flu, allergies and sinusitis that can evolve to sinus congestion. Sinus congestion is also known as nasal congestion or rhinitis,. This happens whenever there is blockage in any of the four pairs of sinus passageways in the skull. So, if you too have this problem, you should try our natural home remedies for sinus congestion.
• In order to promote steady mucous flow in the nasal passage, you should take a hot shower and breathe the vapors to get some instant relief. The soothing vapor will open up your clogged nasal passages.
• Take one teaspoon of regular salt and mix it with two cups of warm water and pour it into the nostrils by tilting your head back. When the solution hits your nasal system, you can get relief from your sinus congestion. You should use a neti pot for this, if you have one.
• Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and it can cure the sinus infections because they are caused by nasal inflammation. Turmeric will help you heal the sinus cavity and clear the airways.
• Spicy foods will help you in improving the flow of the mucous within the nasal passages. You will get an instant relief when the sinus passage opens up.
• Put a pot filled with water and oregano oil on the stove and bring it to a boil. Then, make a tent with a towel over your head and inhale. This is a very effective sinus infection treatment.
• Cut an onion into pieces and then sniff the cut pieces of the onion. Additionally, eating raw onions can be helpful in the treatment of sinus congestion.
• Hot tomato juice is an excellent home remedy for sinus congestion. All you need to do is boil one cup of tomato juice along with one tablespoon of chopped garlic, half tablespoon of hot sauce, one tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of celery salt.
• Hot herbal tea is great when it comes to making the mucous thin and flushing out the toxins that are inside your body. Just make sure to drink it regularly.
• Some other home remedies for sinus congestion are elevating your head while sleeping and applying warm compresses to your face multiple times a day for 5 minutes each. The last thing you can do is take lots of vitamin C and liquids.
We hope that these home remedies for sinus congestion will help you this winter!