If you like fish recipes, you’ll definitely love this panko crusted salmon recipe!
This panko crusted salmon recipe is very healthy and pretty easy to make. And if you don’t know how to make the perfect crust, we’ll teach you! All you do is dump the crumbs in a hot dry skillet – stir, stir, stir and right before your eyes…a miracle occurs – they get toasty beautiful brown! This is best used for fast baking food, like fish or veggies. You can toast a big batch and keep them on hand so that you can use them whenever you like.
- 6 Salmon Fillets
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups *pre-toasted Panko Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- *heat non stick skillet over medium high heat until hot – pour in Panko Crumbs. Stir constantly until lightly brown. Cool before using.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, chopped parsley, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
3. Line baking pan with foil for easy clean up.
4. Place the salmon on the foil.
5. Brush Dijon on the salmon fillets – be liberal, the crumbs will stick to this.
6. Top with heaping tablespoons of crumb mixture and press down slightly so they stick to the salmon.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon (when you press on the salmon it should feel firm – careful not to overcook!)
8. And finally, serve with sliced lemon if desired. Enjoy!