Easter is right around the corner! So why not try these amazing homemade Reese’s eggs?
With Easter right around the corner, we have an amazing idea – homemade Reese’s eggs! Are you up for it?
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 8 oz dark cocoa melting chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
Original recipe makes 10 Servings
Ready in 1 hour
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In medium saucepan, combine the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and 1 cup powdered sugar over medium heat.
3. Heat until completely melted and starting to bubble a little, stirring constantly. Then, remove from the heat.
4. Add the remaining powdered sugar at a time, stirring after each addition until it’s completely combined.
5. Set aside and let it cool to room temperature.
6. You can chill the dough in the fridge before rolling it into eggs. This should make it a lot easier to handle.
7. Shape the dough into flat little ovals (or egg shapes, but real Reese’s eggs are flat).
8. Place the eggs on a lined baking sheet and stick them in the freezer for an hour or so, until they’re hard.
9. Melt the chocolate in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating the process until it’s melted and smooth.
10. Using two forks, roll each egg into the chocolate and place them back on the lined baking sheet.
11. Place the eggs back in the freezer to let the chocolate set. It should take an hour or two.
12. Best to store these in the freezer as well. If you store these in the fridge, they will become slightly soft.
13. You can thaw a little before eating, or eat when frozen–either way, they’re awesome! Enjoy!