This mixed berry and beet smoothie is just amazing. Not only it’s delicious, but it has some great health benefits too!
The color alone is enough to make you crave this mixed berry and beet smoothie. You can see from the color that it’s high in anthocyanins, flavonoids that are believed to have strong antioxidant properties. You can use raw or roasted beets.
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries or blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granola
- ⅓ cup diced beet, either raw or roasted (50 grams)
- ¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt or low-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave syrup
- 2 or 3 ice cubes
- sliced orange for garnish (optional)
Original recipe makes 1 generous serving
Ready in 5 minutes
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 full minute. Pour into a glass, garnish with an orange slice and enjoy. It’s best if you enjoy it right away. For 2 or more servings, just double the ingredients in this recipe.
As we’ve seen before, in some of our previous articles, beetroots are very beneficial for our health. That’s why this smoothie is so great. Do you have some ideas about other healthy and delicious smoothies? Share your ideas and opinions with us!