You like potatoes and cheese but you’re scared of the calories? Well you can enjoy them without guilt with this skinny cheese potato casserole!
You have to try this skinny cheese potato casserole as soon as possible! You may ask, what did you do to make these cheesy potatoes lighter? Well we did several things. First was eliminate most of the butter, not all, but most. The entire casserole only has one tablespoon. And that’s only one of the changes we’ve made. Check the recipe to know more.
- 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup part skim mozzarella, divided
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Original recipe makes 8-10 Servings
Ready in 55 minutes
1. Spray a 3 quart casserole dish or a 9×13 dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cut the washed and peeled potatoes in half and add them to a large pot of salted water.
3. Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook them until almost tender, but still have some bite, about 8-10 minutes.
4. Let the potatoes cool until you are able to handle them, then using a box grater shred them using the largest grate.
5. In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, milk, salt, and pepper.
6. Add in the shredded potatoes, green onions, and 1/2 a cup each of the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
7. Fold everything together until combined then pour the potatoes into the prepared casserole dish.
8. Top the potatoes with the remaining 1/2 cup each of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
9. Bake the potatoes at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy in this delicious meal with all your family and friends!