If you don’t eat meat, like a lot of people around the world, you must try this amazing vegetarian steak!
This steak, is actually made from cauliflower. It’s healthy and easy to make. Most importantly, it’s “steak” combined with chimichurri! This vegetarian steak is just crazy good!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 5 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 c. loosely packed cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed with press
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
Original recipe makes 2 Servings
Ready in 25 minutes
1. Cut 2 slices from the center of the cauliflower (each about 1-inch thick). Reserve the remaining cauliflower for another use.
2. Combine the cumin and 1 tablespoon of canola oil and brush all over cauliflower slices. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
3. In 12-inch oven-safe skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium-high until hot. Add the cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the slices over. Place the skillet in 425 degrees F oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until the stem is tender.
4. Meanwhile, stir together the cilantro, parsley, vinegar, garlic, jalapeno, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Serve the “steaks” with herb sauce. Enjoy with your whole family!