No matter how unbelievable it may seem, losing 50 pounds CAN be done in just 4 months. The only things you need are persistence and strong will. There is no big secret for losing weight, just following a healthy diet and exercising regularly will do the trick. Following these steps will help you make changes in your life for better by losing that extra weight and improving your overall health.
Choose the right diet
- Avoid processed foods, sweets and carbs as much as you can. You should eat more whole grains and high-quality foods, veggies, fruits and lean protein.
- Never overeat. You should include low calorie but nutrient rich vegetables in all your meals. Don’t eat more than ½ cup of whole grains and 3-ounce serving of lean protein such as white fish, flank steak or chicken breast.
- Prolong satiety by including healthy fats to your meals such as olive or coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of Chia of flaxseed or a quarter of avocado. You can add them in your smoothies or salads. Eat nuts as a snack to satisfy the cravings between meals.
- Avoid drinking soda, alcohol and sugary drinks. They contain empty calories and way too much artificial sugar. Instead, drink more freshly prepared juices, smoothies and herbal teas.
Exercise, exercise, exercise
- To lose weight you need to burn at least 500 calories during every training session. This, combined with the reduced daily calorie intake of 750-1000 calories, will help you lose a healthy amount of calories.
- Cardio exercises burn the most calories. Their duration should be gradually increased. Also, walk 3 times a week for 30-45 minutes and then increase the duration and frequency gradually. Change the workout after two months, for example go swimming or bike riding.
- This is the stage when you should continue your interval training-alternating sessions of intense training. First warm up, and then replace 2 minutes of walking or running with 20 minutes of hard exercise.
- Next, try weight training. You can either go to the gym or exercise at home. Do 8-12 repetitions per set twice a week for every major muscle group such for example pushups, pull-ups, triceps dips, crunches and squats. Weight training should not be done in two or more consecutive days.
- Try to be active as much as possible. Instead of sitting in front of the TV, go bowling, run or if you prefer staying at home, cleaning can be considered an exercise too. Dancing is also a great activity, because at least it keeps you on your feet.